In Eric Gardner’s, "Accounting for Taste" there are several topics comparing taste to art, music, and even political affiliation. The article as a whole is very interesting because it offers a variety of appealing topics as well as pictures. One of my favorite topics was that of Thrill Seekers. In the article it states
“Sensation seekers are also particularly drawn to pornographic and horror films”.
This is interesting to me because I would consider myself to me be a type of sensation seeker. I have always been the one to enjoy roller coasters in my family. The higher and faster, the better the ride is. I also enjoy watching horror films but I am terrified all throughout. I compare the butterflies I get from dropping 200 feet at about 60 miles per hour to that of screaming my head off when a killer attacks a girl in the woods. The negative consequences from going on a ride are far more possible than chucky being real and killing me and yet I am willing to go on the roller coaster.
The other topic that really intrigued me was Deciphering the Taste Code, in where they judged people based on their musical choices. The article does state that this is difficult because geographic location and other factors contribute to a person’s character. I’m glad they included this statement because I don’t agree with some of their analysis on how people can be judged. People with vast interests in music are not able to fall into a category and their results are too narrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment